Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Introductions

Here we go...

I am from a very small town in northern Wisconsin.  I have no degree in anything at the moment, though I am working towards one, and I work in a factory near my hometown.  I am pretty smart (if I do say so myself), and I have worked hard for most of my life.

I don't like what I'm doing, assembly line work is mind-numbing and easy enough for my very young son to step in and do for me, and I have decided to make a change.  So, in a very short time, I will no longer work at the factory.

I know, quitting my job in this economy!?  What the heck could I possibly be thinking?!  Don't I know it's my responsibility to feed and protect my family?!

Well, I have considered these questions.  Over and over and over and over....well, you get the idea...again.  Mostly while standing on the line at work with no way to stop thinking about it.

So I am going to try to start working for myself.  Not an easy feat anywhere, and northern Wisconsin is not the most opportunity-rich region in the country let me tell you. 

I have quite a bit of background in geekiness in general (you know, fixing everyone's computers, setting up everyone's wireless networks, pulling apart every little electronic I can get my hands on just to see how it ticks), and I plan on using this experience to start a tech service business.  For a while, I will be working under no business name, just as Dylan, The Computer Dude (TM...just kidding).  I have a name a logo picked out, but that will have to wait until I can get financial backing.

Which brings me to this blog.  Here, I will record some repair manuals (giving away all my secrets), some ideas and resources I have come across to build my business, and sometimes I am going to come on here and rant.  Anything that I can share with people, I will try to. 

I hope that my humble knowledge and my stories can help someone, anyone.  If my words reach even one person I will be happy.

So here is my story.  I am taking the plunge, leaving my boring, secure job that makes me miserable to pursue a career for myself, so that I can feel rewarded and independent like I have always wanted.  Wish me luck, if you believe in it.  Pray for me, if that's what you are into.  Otherwise, just read what I have to say and comment if you want, and I hope you come out better than you went in.

Thank you for taking time to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment